This first practice is the first thing we did in class, we were figuring out how to use motion and rotation and 3D axis with this image of a cat.
I went a bit over board.
This practice is me figuring out how to turn a video into a mask and apply the video on top of other variations of the same video.
This practice is when I figured out how to use After Effects’s features to my advantage for animation. (Squash and stretch, motion blur, ect.)
This practice is my attempt at playing with the 3D X-Axis to give a sense of depth to the image when it turns. Perhaps changing the positions of the planets X-Axis would have gave the image depth without the turn?
This practice is me playing with the puppet pin tool to make weird stuff happen with this picture of my friend Nick… I want to go back and make this weirder to be honest.
For this week Ive been working on the 3rd segment of my animation. Ive gotten a test walk cycle as well as other poses finished for this character. Animating this character has proved to be more enjoyable than the other two so far, I feel like this character is more free to have wackier poses and movement cycles.
The project so far has been way more time consuming than I had initially anticipated, however. Animating takes a good amount of time for sure, especially with the coloring process.
As intended, I have the first two parts of the animation done, or at least in a beta.
I underestimated the size of the panels, and because of this the first part is very short, so I plan to go back and add more to it.
One aspect I can a hard time dealing with was the masking of the backgrounds and character. I ended up using the crop tool and key framed it so it would change as time went on to emulate masking.
Animating the characters, while fun for sure, proved to be very difficult and time consuming. Even simple walk cycles like these took full 4+ hour sessions to draw, color, and loop at the proper time frames. All together I am proud of how they turned out, I just need to add more to the first segment is all.
The topic I got assigned to for this project is “The Pig War”, A bloodless conflict between the US and the UK in 1859 over a pig being shot.